[ 1] where is Philipi?
[ 7] Paul is sharing his grace
- Grace isn't just administered individually but can be given?
- Or is it that others can take of the grace God has given?
[ 8] "bowels of Jesus Christ" - weird/interesting metaphor
 Was clearly known what he had gone through
- Nice reminder that trials come to all, more to the righteous
 "my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace"
- Reference to the heavenly castle / kingdom?
- Interesting that it is known "in all other places"
- Is this tied to spiritual warfare in some way?
 What does it mean to preach Christ of things?
- "preach ... of envy and strife" / "preach of good will"
- Perhaps to describe the motivation of the preacher?
 Regardless why it is being preached, note ...
- Christ is being preached! rejoice for that!
- Also a reminder how important it is to plan our emotional responses
 "For to me to live is Christ"
- That makes no sense ... how can something "be Christ" ?
 Also a nice reminder,
- Sometimes we undergo experiences for others and NOT ourselves
- Here Paul seems to indicate he isn't doing what he wants
- Because it works toward the "futherance and joy of faith"
 Interesting - everything before here is "here is why i'm an authority"
- Now he offers councel
- Amazing how being of one accord, in one spirit with one mind, are important
 We should "in nothing be terrified by ... adversaries"
- And how, even that, is "evident token of perdition"
- And is, for us, evident token of salvation of God